This is preorder project that will ship by the end of April
With our factory fully back up to speed, it's high time for a new preorder project. We've got the fabric and the manpower... and we now have two brand new shapes to offer in your choice of four colors!
The Sashiko Mac Coat
This casual 3/4 length coat is crafted in the same 12oz Japanese cotton sashiko that we know and love. It offers a rakish style that's effortlessly dressed up or down. We'll accept preorders on this handsome item until Tuesday March 23rd, and look to deliver in mid-to-end April. It's a perfect item for that early Spring transition. Here's the details:
1) The Sashiko Mac is crafted 12oz Sashiko cloth and garment dyed for a rich color tone.
2) It has a point collar, button front closure, and dyed-to-match corozo nut buttons
3) The unlined body is soft and comfortable. You can wear it on its own for warmer days or layer a sweater underneath on cooler ones.
4) Generous welt pockets sit at the hips and the rear has a single vent
5) The entire jacket is machine washable and offers the same legendary durability as our Sashiko Doyles and Rivet Chinos.
6) As always, this garment is made from start to finish in South Central Los Angeles. You can order your typical Doyle size with confidence!
The Sashiko Throw Blanket
With its comfort, strength, and ease... our dyed Sashiko makes for an excellent blanket. We're offering these simple throws as a $95 preorder option. Its generous size is 80in x 56 inches (2m x 1.4m), and it works on the couch, at the beach, or at the park. If you get it dirty, then go ahead and wash it on the hottest setting. This can stand up to anything! All edges are fully taped and binded.
Epaulet Japanese Sashiko Fabric
Our classic pure cotton Sashiko cloth is woven in Japan for use in martial arts uniforms. Known as Dogi (cloth of the way), this fabric has a thick pique weave with well-defined "rice gain" structure. It allows natural stretch and flexing with movement, it absorbs moisture and stays away from your skin and it gains exceptional tensile strength.. far above a comparable twill weave. Given the large texture of the weave, you can expect a nice patina with wear.
Each Sashiko Kamigata begins its journey as a stiff, neutral white garment. It's plunged into an organic reactive dye bath for about 48 hours.. allowing the pigment to entirely soak through its distinctive "rice grain" texture. The soft drape and comfort of this final product cannot be overstated!
Measurements & Sizing
"Note: All measurements are shown in inches. For the Mac Coat jacket, "Chest" is measured from one seam under the armpit to the other. "Shoulder" is measured from one shoulder seam to the other, on the rear of the shirt. "Sleeve" is measured from the shoulder seam to the end of the sleeve. "Length" is measured from the base of the collar (where it attaches to the jacket body) to the bottom of the tail.
SASHIKO MAC COAT SIZE CHART